- Michigan Confidence Improves to 69.9% from 68.0% Survey, Leading Indicators Also Improve
- GDP weaker for 3Q, Intial Claims still improving. Chicago Fed worse
- Jobless Claims Drop Under Prior of 366, GDP Falls
- The FXDD NY Review and Preview
- US GDP, Jobless Claims, Chicago Fed Due at 8:30AM
- Euro back where we started….
- UK Q3 GDP rises 0.6%, more than previously estimated.
- Merkel advisor says the furture of the EUR will be decided in the next 6 months, the joint currency has no future unless Germany changes its stand.
- Italian retail sales (Oct) 0.1% vs. -0.2% expected (-0.3% prior).
- GBP/USD testing resistance @ 1.57246.
- European equities open higher, risk-on.
- Japan to earmark 1 trillion JPY to boost growth in industries.
- Japanese Eco Minister Azumi on the wires….
- German fin. minister says upbeat consumers to provide basis for economic growth.
- Japan sees real GDP +2.2% in 2012-2013.
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 07:01 AM PST
Leading Indicators: Survey: 0.3% Actual: 0.5% Prior: 0.9%
House Price Index(MoM): Survey: 0.2% Actual: -0.2% Prior: 0.9% Revised: 0.4%
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 05:33 AM PST
The dollar has moved higher off the news on the first reaction.
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 05:32 AM PST
Chicago Fed Natl Activity: Survey: -0.17 Actual: -0.37 Prior: -0.13 Revised: -0.11
(Annualized): Survey: 2.0% Actual: 1.8% Prior: 2.0%
Personal Consumption: Survey: 2.3% Actual: 1.7% Prior: 2.3%
GDP Price Index: Survey: 2.5% Actual: 2.6% Prior: 2.5%
Core PCE QoQ: Survey: 2.0% Actual: 2.1% Prior: 2.0%
Jobless Claims: Survey: 380K Actual: 364K Prior: 366K Revised: 368K
Continuing Claims: Survey: 3600K Actual: 3546K Prior: 3603K Revised: 3625K
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 05:09 AM PST
Stocks and Commodities
Key events and releases pre NY
Key Events and Releases in NY Session
FXDD Scheduled Webinar’s for today
9:30 AM ET, Charting the Majors with James Chen
4 PM ET:
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 04:14 AM PST
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 03:19 AM PST
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 01:30 AM PST
Current account was -15.2B vs. -6.1B expected, and total business investment was 0.3%; better than expected.
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 01:12 AM PST
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 01:02 AM PST
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 12:41 AM PST
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 12:26 AM PST
The USD is at session lows against all of the majors after European equities opened firmer: Euro stoxx +1.20%, FTSE + .60%, CAC +1.23%, DAX +1.21%.
The EUR/USD made a move higher following the open of these markets with the high testing the 38.2% fibo line on the move from December 19th lows to yesterday’s high. The next bullish target is the 0.0% line; 1.30919 if resistance is found here. Also note that our upward trend line, which began on December 14th, is still showing the pair support.
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 12:07 AM PST
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 12:02 AM PST
Posted: 21 Dec 2011 11:03 PM PST
Posted: 21 Dec 2011 10:39 PM PST
|You are subscribed to email updates from Forex News and Commentary by FXDD |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|