- Dallas Fed Manufacturing Index Slides Down to a Very Weak -3.0 vs 4.5 Survey.
- Better Consumer Confidence data to end the year. GBPUSD trying to hold key support.
- US Consumer Confidence Data Moves to the Upside 65.5 vs Survey of 58.6 and Prior of 56.0, Revision a Touch Worse
- EURUSD near unchanged on the day as stocks get ready to open
- S&P Data All Moves to The Downside
- S&P CaseShiller Data Due at 9AM
- The NY Morning Review and Preview for December 27th 2011
- European equities open higher
- Moody’s says weak Japan growth outlook boosts policy challenged.
- Swiss UBS consumption indicator 0.81 vs. 0.90 prior.
- Japanese housing starts -0.3%; better than expected.
- usd/hkd in a downward channel.
- usd/cnh continue to stay under 6.3487 for another day.
- China’s Industrial Production Profits
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 07:30 AM PST
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 07:12 AM PST
The Consumer Confidence number from the Conference Board came out better than expected at 64. 5 vs 58.9 expectations. The number was the highest reading since Aprils 66.00. February had the highest reading at 72 for the year.
The EURUSD is just above the 100 hour MA at the 1.3062 level and holding steady. The GBPUSD is also above the 100 hour MA at 1.5657 level. The level also corresponds with the 38.2% of the move down from the December 20th high (last weeks high). Stay above this important intraday level and the 1.5679 high for the day/week should be tested.
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 07:00 AM PST
Richmond fed manufacturing index shoots lower to 3 vs survey of 5 and prior of 0.
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 06:27 AM PST
The EURUSD is in a narrow 43 pips range today as the stock get ready to open. level. The Case Schiller data was weaker than expected which may lead to a weaker stock opening. The price is at the 100 hour MA which is currently at the 1.3062 level. The close from yesterday came in at the 1.3057.
There is a topside trendline on the hourly chart at the 1.3081 level. If the price can remain above the 100 hour MA, this is where the price should move toward. The high for the day has come in at 1.3082. This is the same high as yesterday.
ON the downside, the 200 hour MA and trendline support come in at the 1.3047-49 level. A break below this level is needed to push the price further. The low for the day at the 1.3040. The low from Friday at 1.3025 will be another downside target.
I am expecting a little more activity today versus yesterday, with an extension of the narrow trading range at some point. Stocks are open today. There is chatter in the market about Italian bond auctions later this week. This should lead to some jockeying by traders.
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 06:01 AM PST
S&P/CS 20 City (MoM%) SA: Survey: -0.34% Actual: -0.62% Prior: -0.57% Revised: -0.66%
S&P/CS Composite-20 (YOY): Survey: -3.22% Actual: -3.40% Prior: -3.59% Revised: -3.54%
S&P/CaseShiller Home Price Index: Actual: 140.30 Prior: 141.97 Revised: 142.04
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 05:20 AM PST
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 04:36 AM PST
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 01:10 AM PST
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 01:09 AM PST
Posted: 26 Dec 2011 11:07 PM PST
Posted: 26 Dec 2011 09:56 PM PST
Posted: 26 Dec 2011 09:10 PM PST
Posted: 26 Dec 2011 08:01 PM PST
Posted: 26 Dec 2011 07:58 PM PST
Posted: 26 Dec 2011 06:05 PM PST
China’s Industrial Production Profits YTD in November on a year over year basis fell to 24.4% from the prior reading of 25.3%.
|You are subscribed to email updates from Forex News and Commentary by FXDD |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|